For assistance call Early Years on 01782 231278
please note the office may not always be manned.
Free childcare for two, three and four year olds - How we use your personal information
Details of your rights under data protection legislation are available at stoke.gov.uk/dataprotection.
When you apply for or use free childcare for two, three and four year olds (administered by Stoke-on-Trent City Council) we collect information about:
1. Your child’s name, address, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, childcare provider and details of how they take up their free childcare offer
2. Parents details in relation to free childcare, such as their name, date of birth, the 30 hour eligibility code and national insurance number.
3. Parents details in relation to eligibility for Early Years Pupil Premium such as their name, date of birth, national insurance number and National Asylum Support (NASS) Number
4. Your child’s eligibility to the Disability Access Fund (confirming receipt of Disability Living Allowance/Personal Independence Payment (PIP))
We only keep this data for the time specified in our retention schedule or as required by law.
We use this data to:
1. To check if your child is eligible for free childcare (if submitting an application for a free childcare place for your two year old)
2. To calculate funding payments for childcare providers and schools
3. To check eligibility for Early Years Pupil Premium
4. To check eligibility codes provided for 30 hours free childcare for working parents
5. To check eligibility for Disability Access Fund
6. To provide information to the DfE for the annual Early Years Census
7. To contribute to data that will inform the local authority’s duty to ensure sufficient childcare
We are able to do this because the law on Early Education and Childcare says we must do it (statutory guidance from the Department for Education as part of the Childcare Act 2006 and Childcare Act 2016)
We may share data with Internal Audit for the purpose of evaluating the effectiveness of the organisation’s risk management, control and governance processes. We may also share your data with Corporate Fraud for the prevention and detection of fraud.
If you want to speak to someone about this service please contact Kevin Taylor (Early Years Sufficiency and Access Officer) on 01782 236270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.